Monday, April 16, 2012

Life Is Interesting

I have concluded that I have an amazing job.  I watch our staff passionately interact in their ministry settings every day (thanks Brenda, Leah, Trish, Bill, all the Beginnings Staff, Josh and Dayna).  I get to be part of life's milestones for our congregation.  And I get to be part of things that honor me, are special gifts from very special people, and even things that make me realize I am not 'all that.'

Today was one of those days that was so varied I had to laugh!  On one hand I am working on a major financial negotiation that can make a real difference to our church ... a lot of money is involved.  Then 'Mr. Big Shot' is called to rid the property of a 2' long blacksnake that is probably as terrified as those he has encountered.  From financial tycoon to 'Billy The Exterminator' (was actually called that today) ... now that's a pretty wide swing.

Jesus reminded us often that our task(s) are ultimately for God's glory.  If that means chasing a snake, I am there.  If that means creating a slick financial proposal, I am there.  If that means sitting on the floor talking to my friend Elanor B. who is a beautiful little girl, I am there.  And if it means being with someone who has lost their best friend ... I am there too.  All of those tasks are challenging, but are made doable and possible by a God who says that nothing is impossible for Him.  Thanks Jesus ... need to find that snake!

No comments:

Post a Comment