Thursday, May 10, 2012

Watercolor Ponies

Wayne Watson wrote a wonderful song a few years back.  It was about the pictures and memories that kids leave on our lives ... hand paintings on the refrigerator ... toys on the stairs ... and for us, the amazing words our kids left in our hearts.  All of the paintings and the words are proudly displayed by the kids as (Wayne Watson says) we try to lead our kids forward to a place in God's kingdom.  The song always brings a tear to my eyes as I remember the good things and the bad things I have taught my kids and the victories and mistakes I have made.  In watching over 100 children at Good News on Wednesday I am reminded of the responsibility and the blessing of those kids.  Several of these children have become close enough to come up to me and give me a hug.  They come close not knowing my struggles ... not caring that our Executive Committee will meet Monday for important church business.  I think that there is no more important church business that these children and our youth.  Maybe that is what Jesus meant when He called us all to Him as little children.

No comments:

Post a Comment