Sunday, March 25, 2012

You Tube

Last evening I found a new and great use for You Tube.  Every night my grand kids stay with us I have the honor of playing my guitar for them and singing them to sleep.  Some of you might consider this abusive, but I do better in the setting at the foot of a little boys bed.

Anyway, last night we were able to find some of the original artists that sing the songs I sing to them.  There is "Puff the Magic Dragon (Peter Paul and Mary)", "I Will Rise (Chris Tomlin)", "There is a ship (various)"  ... "Shout to the Lord", "Pony Man (Gordon Lightfoot)" and "Farewell to Tarwathie (Judy Collins).  These songs come from our past and present and represent concepts we want to instill in the boys.  They and I love this special time of music (a love of music is something I would love for them to have all of their lives).  This gift of songs and music is such a great gift that both services this coming Sunday will be filled with music.

But seeing these songs presented by the original artists.  Seeing their faces as they were taken on the musical journey I first embarked on as a child.  THAT is priceless.

It is a reminder of the Proverb that says "Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will remember it."  That word again ... REMEMBER!  This season of Easter and Lent when we remember Jesus' life, death and resurrection.  We remember (as He tells us that first time He offers up the Eucharist) that He loves us.  We remember that we are forgiven.  We remember that He had a mission and a message that we take to heart.  And ... it is music to our ears.  Pastor Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment